Our Forest Hill location doubles as a used bookstore! You can find second hand paperbacks of bestsellers, sci-fi novels, romance novels, mysteries, thrillers, and more!
The mass-market paperback fiction is arranged in the first room by genre and alphabetically by author. Sections are Sci-Fi/Fantasy, Western, Romance, Thriller, Mystery, Horror, and General Fiction. If there is a particular fiction book you are looking for, give us a call at 231-4213 and we can check our shelves.
The Harlequin Romance paperbacks are in sections of Desire, Blaze, SuperRomance, Intrigue, Intimate Moments, etc. These sections are located in the middle room of the bookstore, along with the trade-size paperback literature (these are the large paperbacks).
We also have sections of non-fiction books in the back room mostly arranged by subject; such as History, Crafts, Cookbooks, Memoirs, Science and Nature, Celebrities, and much more. Due to space issues, they are not maintained alphabetically. Young Adult and Children’s books are set up mostly in the Marvel Comics room of our store, and also not maintained alphabetically.
All of our used books are sold at half the cover price or less, at a minimum of a dollar.Some books will have our price written in pencil on the inside first page. (For example: a book with a $7.99 list price would cost $4.00; a vintage paperback with a $1.50 list price would cost$1.00; and a hardcover book with $29.99 list price may be marked inside with our price of$10.00).
BLUE DOT SPECIAL
We sell overstock and slightly damaged books at a discount price of only $1.00 each! These books are on display in the front of the store, and are distinguishable from the rest of the books by a blue dot sticker on the front cover. The blue dot special is only available for monetary purchasesand not with book credit. If spending book credit, they are the normal price.
TRADING IN YOUR USED BOOKS
To stock our shelves, we are always accepting used books in exchange for book credit for other used books. Here are some of our general rules regarding what we will take and won’t take, and how we calculate the book credit you receive.
- We have a daily maximum of TWO (2) BAGS or BOXES of books per day. This is because of the time it requires to process intake and the limited shelf space reserved for new stock.
- Any book credit we calculate for you can be used up that day, or we can keep your balance on file in our card system for later use. No receipts are necessary.
- Your credit is filed under your last name and then your first name. You may put additional family members on your card, but it is not required for them to use your credit and it will still be filed under your own name.
CALCULATING BOOK CREDIT
To calculate how much book credit you receive for your books, we check the cover prices and add them up, and one quarter of the sum will be your book credit amount.
[list price] ÷ 4 = [book credit]
HARLEQUIN ROMANCE CREDIT
To balance our stock, we separate book credit from credit that is given for Harlequin Romanceseries. Harlequin Romance credit only applies towards other Harlequin Romance series books. They are books like these:
They are available to purchase with regular book credit as well, but you can’t purchase regular books with Harlequin Romance credit.
WE DO NOT TAKE THESE TYPES OF BOOKS
- school or university text books
- hardcover fiction older than 2 years
- english dictionaries, almanacs,
or other common reference books
- TIME/LIFE hardcover year books
- computer books
- car manuals
- most self-help and health books
- business guides
- titles of which we have multiple copies
- antique books
- anything too esoteric
- damaged, torn, stained, UV faded, written-in, foxed, creased, or otherwise out of shape books
Every book you bring in will be examined for quality and judged based on whether we think we can sell it or not. Due to limited shelf space, we must be fairly selective. If we don’t accept one of your books, it may be a title we are already well stocked on, or on a subject that customers rarely ask for, or is just a little too ragged, etc. We will not take any books that we won’t give credit for.